CORONAVIRUS COVID-19. 19 March 2020
Ahoy All Members,
Following the President’s declaration of a national disaster, regarding the CORONAVIRUS outbreak, the City of Cape Town (CoCT) has decided to close facilities to contain the spread of COVID-19. See the official statement and full list of facilities affected here.
On the list of affected facilities are Nature Reserves and this affects club operations and members.
MAC Management Committee (Mancom) would like to reassure members that in response to this we are taking all necessary steps to ensure that the Club complies with National and Local Government policies. The following has been implemented with immediate effect:
- The water at the vlei is closed to ALL – per CoCT
- The Reserve access gate is closed the public – per CoCT
- All Club water sport and social events are postponed/cancelled until further notice – per Mancom
- The Bar and Galley are closed until further notice – per Mancom
- Access to Club facilities are restricted to members only – per Mancom
The Office and Club facilities will remain operational for essential services and access needs of members. Only members are allowed essential access to club and storage facilities.
Office operating hours:
- OPEN – Monday to Friday 08:00 to 16:00
- CLOSED – Weekends and Public Holidays
Mancom thanks you for understanding and requests your cooperation and support during this difficult time. We suggest the members view these websites to keep abreast of developments:
- Official Covid-19 Website and make use of the official WhatsApp number 060 012 3456 (message Hi to the number to be registered on their database)
- Precautionary guidelines and Social distancing practices for preventing the spread of the virus
- Keep informed of Club activities by checking the MAC website.